Hi! Let’s talk about my hair journey today! EXCITING STUFF- I know. I wanted to write a blog post since I had a lot of feedback when I posted some progress pictures this week on Instagram stories. A lot of you guys were surprised at how much better it looks now compared to the past several years- I’ll take that as a compliment LOL. So if you are in the same boat I was, or just want to know how I grew it as much within a little over a year. Keep scrolling to see what changes I made and what I started doing that helped it look better and grow healthier-keep going all the way to the bottom to see what my hair looked like before 🥰
Some things that I started doing this past year that helped my hair length grow even more:
1. Started getting my hair trimmed often- I used to never get regular trims because I didn’t want my hair to look even shorter.
2. I found a hair stylist that I truly trust- and I have been to a lot of places throughout the years. Joyce – Instagram handle- Joycejudithhair has been taking care of my hair for about 3 years and honestly it has never looked better or healthier.
3. Started drinking more water- its sooo cool how water is good for you in so many ways! I definitely noticed that it helped my skin, nails, my hair and my overall mood every day.
4. Stopped washing and straightening my hair every single day. I will wash it 2 times a week and that is only because I run and sweat or I would probably once do it once a week.
5. Started being more conscious of what I was putting into my body. I stopped eating so much processed fast food and cut back on my soda and sugar filled drinks. I haven’t cut back on alcohol because I don’t drink often but when we go to dinner or make drinks at home so I don’t feel the need to limit my alcohol intake.
6. Started MOVING my body. Running, walking, and APPRECIATING my health- Mostly when I started running multiple times a week is when I really noticed my hair growing.
7. Started using MONAT Rejuvenique hair oil about a year ago I use it once a week on the end of my hair and a few drops in my scalp and massage it in for about two minutes and then put it in a bun for an hour before wash day. I don’t sell it but I definitely think it has helped with my hair growth.
Here are some pictures I gathered from the last years so you can see how unhealthy my hair was and how it is now:
I think my hair has become a reflection of how I’m LIVING my life now at this stage of my life and it can only get better from here ❤
What has helped you mantain your hair long and healthy?.